September 6, 2007

Jason Fried says he's like a drug dealer. I like that.


See here. And you know what? I actually really like Basecamp. It's simple, it's easy to use, and it's a true Internet application. And Fried sells it for a bundle of money. It's the high-end task manager for people who aren't too bright and don't have a lot money. In other words, it's like the MySQL for getting things done. Or maybe it's like the Windows Vista for running your life. Something like that.

Can you picture people using it? I mean, in the real world, not the fake case studies 37signals has up on its website. Imagine Joe Sixpack and Big Bertha in the trailer park tracking their drug deals and sleazy get togethers. Or Mike Vick keeping tabs on his dog fights. Or maybe even Calvin College using Highrise as his digital black book -- which is perfect for keeping track for sorority skanks. Am I right or am I right?

Call me, Jason. I want to invest, bro. I know Jeff Bezos already has his fingers into you, but I still want to be a part of this thing. Cut me in, will you?

No comments: