September 17, 2007

I swear I didn't know this was coming out today

Okay, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, gee Larry, isn't it strange that you release something called Oracle SQL Developer Migration Workbench which helps people move their MySQL and Microsoft databases into your new 11g database on the same day Microsoft gets hammered for being a monopoly? And don't you want people to go, "Holy shit! I fucking keep my databases in software made by a monopoly? I need to get out of this crap and into Oracle ASAP."

Well, no. I mean, of course we'd like people to make the right decision and use our superior products. But if they don't want to, that's their choice. We're not using the news to influence them. Seriously. Anyway, Safra sets all of the release dates. And I know for a fact she would never do something this underhanded.

No comments: