August 8, 2007

Yeah, I know I should have bought Apple


Recently I've been having this reoccurring nightmare where a blimp or an orb or something lands on my house and thousands of little Gil Amelios file out and start chanting, "Ha, ha. Ha, ha. Ha, ha," over and over and over and over again, and they jump on my back and pull my hair and untie my shoe laces and give me a wedgie. And then they somehow install Windows 95 in my brain and laugh their asses off when I crash with the blue screen of death.

Look, I don't need a shrink to tell me what it means, okay? I'm not a complete bonehead. I know I should have bought Apple when I could have. I made a mistake. But I didn't think of the iPod. I was just thinking of making Macs into network computers. It was a good idea, just a little before its time. There, I said it. Are you happy now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh :) Good post.

Anonymous said...

Don't give yourself a hard time Larry. Let your hot interns do that for you.

Hindsight is 20/20. Having 'what-ifs' about Apple is like visiting a shit you took in the woods 15 years ago only to find out it sprouted roses. Some shit will do that.

Other shit just stagnates and becomes IBM.

Apparently Steve Jobs can turn shit into a billion dollars. Most people just get crap smeared everywhere. Go figure.