August 28, 2007

Kmasba yoyo


No, it's not Japanese. It stands for kiss my ass, baby - you're on your own. It's the text message I sent to Zach Nelson's BlackBerry after reading this interview. Look, I'm going to be honest here. NetSuite was fun for a while. I had some good times with it. The company was kind of like the sandcastle your kids build when they go to the beach. Or the lego spaceship your son puts together on Christmas day. But as fun as it is to create these things, it's even more fun to destroy them. Ask any kid who pretends to be Godzilla. That's me, Zack. Right now I'm Godzilla and you're the little GI Joe in the sandcastle that's about to get crushed. Because the truth is, I don't need you or NetSuite anymore, bro. Oracle's got something that's bigger, better and faster. So go ahead. Take all the potshots you want. Say I'm a bad investor. Say that I compete with you. Just don't blame me when your little IPO goes belly up, okay?

No comments: